Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Place to Stay in Sihanoukville

Posted by tembigirl on 3/12/2009 at 00:44

My husband and I are 60, budget travelers but not into bars and partying. Can anyone recommend a nice beach and peaceful,quiet place to stay for 5 days, either on the beach or near it. Inexpensive.

#1 tembigirl has been a member since 3/12/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 3/12/2009 at 08:17 admin

The joints on Otres seem to be getting the best feedback for quieter places to stay -- see our Otres Beach accommodation listings for some leads.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,577
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by oscarcat on 11/12/2009 at 11:03

Just left Sinville today stayed at Ocean Walk Inn on Serendipity Rd, nice quite clean free wifi rooms from 7$ (fan) also air con rooms, good food nice guy running place called Matthew so I wld reccomend that however the beach @ Serendipity has been virtually washed away and of course there are plenty of loud bars nearby although I was undisturbed there during my stay.

#3 oscarcat has been a member since 11/11/2008. Location: Cambodia. Posts: 66
 Twitter 

Posted by sayadian on 11/12/2009 at 13:19

I left Sihanoukville one week ago.Ocheateal is a mess with the beach washed away.Just seems more crowded with beggars and taxigirls. Otres is definitely the better beach.Clean and in a superb location.

#4 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557

Posted by tembigirl on 11/12/2009 at 23:32

Thanks everyone for your help. It seems Otres it will be. If anyone has any particular recommendations for a place to stay there in the midrange, much appreciated!

#5 tembigirl has been a member since 3/12/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by Brendagoethenberg on 6/9/2010 at 18:57

Hi. I'm travelling in Cambodia with my boyfriend and I had your same needs: a beautiful place where to stay quiet and not far from the beach.
At soon we arrived at the Sihanoukville bus station the tuk tuk driver toke us to Serendipity Beach. It was really a mess!!! dirty beach,crowded and noisy; honestly I can't understand why people likes to spend their holiday in a place so commercial and turistic.
So we moved to Otres Beach. There was really great! the beach is clean and wild, amazing colors and unforgettable sunsets. We spent two days like in a dream but after a while we was missing some life.. in the night time in fact the road that connect Otres with the city is not really safe and easy to drive.
So at the end we moved again to Victory Hill and we are very happy. Victory is quiet in the day with a nice beach clean, FREE and with a big choice of restaurants offering delicious foods at low price. In the night the street become more busy and even if there are some bars with girls there are a lot of other business where you can enjoy and meet interesting people and real travelers. Rooms are cheap (starting from 5$) and nice.
Bye Bye and enjoy your holiday

#6 Brendagoethenberg has been a member since 5/9/2010. Posts: 3

Posted by juanmis on 28/9/2010 at 08:40

Hi, I also stay in Victory Hill district at Green Mood Guesthouse and I got a room with hot water AC and TV for only 12 $ a day. For what I've seen the average prices for this kind of room is from 15$ to 20$ but specially in low season is possible to make better deals.
Juan

#7 juanmis has been a member since 8/9/2010. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.