Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Palm Wine instead of Grape Wine

Posted by feelingangelish on 7/12/2009 at 10:18

I have been to Cambodia for 2-3 times now and every time I visit Cambodia, I never forget to buy palm wine produced by Confirel.

The first time I visited Cambodia, I was afraid to taste any of the local food, especially on anything that I never had before. But my second time, I was braver and started tasting something different, such as Prohok, sour mango pickle with salt and chili or sour mango with fish sauce .... yum :)

After I visited the Night market, I have introduced to the palm wine, and palm sugar. The first wine I tasted was Pineapple palm wine, which contained only 8% of alcohol. The wine has a little sweetness from Pinepple. It's different from Grapewine in a good way. It's light and fresh, fit well for the lady or whoever does not alcoholic drink.

Another one I tasted was, Jaya, which they called Palm Whisky. Jaya has a great taste for a 40% alcoholic drink. I enjoyed it alot.

Next time you visit Cambodia, don't forget to switch your drinking grape wine habit and try palm wine instead. I guarantee you will like it.

You can find palm wine at any supermarket especially in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap, at restaurant, mini mart, etc.

#1 feelingangelish has been a member since 7/12/2009. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.