Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Long stay accommodation or apartment in Siem Reap

Posted by KirstyB on 12/1/2010 at 13:56

We are currently in Siem Reap and looking for either an apartment/house to rent for 1-2 months. Alternatively a guest house which will offer a good long stay rate - needs to be a good sized, bright room with space for a table/desk and chair.

The biggest restriction is that I need 24 hour (well almost) internet access at a decent speed.

There are some great houses around but they seem better suited for longer term lets as rarely come with much furniture, which it's not really worth buying for a couple of months!

Any pointers, gratefully received.

#1 KirstyB has been a member since 27/7/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 151
 Send KirstyB a private message   Where has KirstyB been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by h2onewmedia on 22/6/2012 at 11:51

Yep - An apartment is going to cost you $350 a month for somewhere in town, plus internet, plus electricity plus plus plus. I generally look to stay in guesthouses or hostels in Siem Reap, there are a number of good ones. These days I have become rather attached to the Mad Monkey just because its got a really good social scene but if you are not into that you may want to look else where. Here is there past about Long Term Room Rates in Siem Reap - I hope that helps, but do look on places like Hostel Worl and Hostel Bookers as you will find more places offering rooms on a long term basis. PS - Make sure you get to do some stuff when you are there - there is tons to do around Siem Reap. Steve

#2 h2onewmedia has been a member since 15/4/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by Kabana111 on 22/6/2012 at 15:52

It's a guesthouse on Pub Street extension so everything is close by. I've stayed there twice, once being long-term (3 months). It was about $170 per month for a fan room. It's run by a really lovely Khmer family and they're so friendly and helpful. There's free wifi and they can sort tours to the Angkor temples, bus tickets etc. Check them out on tripadvisor :)

#3 Kabana111 has been a member since 11/5/2012. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 29
 Send Kabana111 a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.