Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Tonle Sap Lake

Posted by TomHK on 10/3/2010 at 05:36

Hi,

I was thinking about methods of getting from Siem Reap - Kompong Cham or Phnom Penh. Would taking a boat from the NW to the SE of Lake Tonle Sap be an option? If so, how much could I expect to pay, and how much would time would it add to the journey?

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

#1 TomHK has been a member since 10/3/2010. Posts: 6

Posted by Deadpoets on 10/3/2010 at 08:13

Hi TomHK,

A few us volunteering in Siem Reap late last year, took a boat trip to Tonle Sap Lake and I believe it cost us each $10.00. It was unbelievable. Expect to spend the full day. We left old market at around 7:00AM and got back around 8:45PM.

Hope this helps...have fun!!

#2 Deadpoets has been a member since 31/8/2009. Posts: 14

Posted by TomHK on 10/3/2010 at 08:36

Awesome, Thanks.

Do you know of any boat trips that go from on end of the lark to the other though? I was thinking of maybe combining seeing the lake with using it as a mode of transport (on my way to KC and eventually the NE).

#3 TomHK has been a member since 10/3/2010. Posts: 6

Posted by Sparts on 15/3/2010 at 18:33

I'm not sure what you mean Tom as DeadPoet has confused me :)
You want to get from PP to Siem Reap by boat right? There is/was a boat that left every other day from PP, never used it, never spoken to anyone who has..

#4 Sparts has been a member since 5/6/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 169
 Send Sparts a private message   Where has Sparts been? 

Posted by Deadpoets on 16/3/2010 at 09:24

Hey Sparts,

:)

The village we went to was Kampong Khleang. We had to switched boat a few times before we finally arrived. It was great! We even took a swim in the lake :)

Cheers...

#5 Deadpoets has been a member since 31/8/2009. Posts: 14

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.