Yes, I understand that sometimes, a $10 place means slightly worn, or maybe a bit noisy, but this place was that, plus rather dirty... Well, the bathroom was.
I know that the cheaper the room, the more you put up with, but the 4cm strip of thick black mold and mildew around the bathtub (yes, a western bathtub!) in the bathroom was too much. We didn't notice the smell when we checked in since we were so tired (after waking up at 4am that day to catch our flight out of Vientiane) and you know that most places spray air freshener in the room anyways...
Long story short, the rooms just are not cleaned well enough, and a very heavy smell of mold/mildew was prevalent in our fan room. Only $10, but not even worth that.
#1 m2adventures has been a member since 25/12/2008. Posts: 3