Text page

China

China forum

How to plan an independent trip to china?

Posted by marianaamc on 17/11/2014 at 14:06

I used this site a lot for planing my southeast asia trip this last summer. I want to include some parts of china next time I travel but I'm finding hard to research for it. Besides a guide book, any place you suggest. If not, which guide book would you buy, knowing that I'm not yet sure where I want to go. Thanks!

#1 marianaamc has been a member since 30/10/2013. Posts: 62

Posted by gecktrek on 17/11/2014 at 14:53

apart from guide-books, you can always supplement these with wikitravel pages...

#2 gecktrek has been a member since 24/3/2013. Location: Australia. Posts: 171

Posted by roam on 17/11/2014 at 20:19

try travelindependent.info & wikivoyage.org

#3 roam has been a member since 6/11/2014. Posts: 11

Posted by davidally on 20/11/2014 at 04:29

On a first trip to China you will probably want to see all the main attractions of the country.For a first trip to China, most tourists visit Beijing, Xi'an, and Shanghai, as these three destinations show travelers an overall view of the nation of China, from its history and culture to its development and prosperity today.If you only go to one city, go to Beijing.The capital has it all: history, culture, prestige, and even some decent scenery to the north around the Great Wall.Shanghai is China’s largest city, and some would say must be visited for its significance. and also Visit Xi’an, where First Emperor Qin ruled from the first capital of a united China.

#4 davidally has been a member since 10/7/2014. Posts: 12

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.