Photo: Terraces, Yuanyang.

China forum

2-3 Weeks in China - Beijing to Chengdu, Shanghai to Yangshuo - To Ambitious?

Posted by aszasz94 on 26/12/2016 at 22:49

Hi there,

I was looking for some advice about my upcoming trip to China. I am going to Japan for 2 weeks January 18th and plan to leave sometime in early February. I have read in many guide books and heard it would be best to travel China in March. This way I could avoid any left-over New Year scramble and get some better/warmer weather. Is it worth it to head to South Asia and wait until March by touring Vietnam, Laos or Cambodia or will mid-February be ok.

Secondly, I was looking for some advice regarding my planned itinerary. How long would it take - I dont plan on rushing and plan on moving slow however, not to slow. I would be backpacking so budget accommodation, food, travel and sights would all be considered.

I hope to see Beijing, Xi'an, Chengdu, Chongqing (Yangtzee River), Nanjing or Shangai (maybe not), Guilin/Yangshuo and Guangzho.

Thanks for any help!

#1 aszasz94 has been a member since 26/12/2016. Posts: 1

Experience the Andaman Sea
Experience the Andaman Sea
Ad Spend 3 days / 2 nights on The Junk
From US$400.

liveaboard.com

Read more

Posted by gecktrek on 28/12/2016 at 19:24

hey, i'm sure you could do what you want in china, really depends on how much you want to see... work out a list of things you want to see and use apps like rome2rio to work out how to get between places... cambodia was very hot in march this year, so you may need to massage your plans to avoid the extremes...

#2 gecktrek has been a member since 24/3/2013. Location: Australia. Posts: 166
 Send gecktrek a private message   Where has gecktrek been?   Website   Flickr  

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.