Photo: Terraces, Yuanyang.

China forum

1 month stay in china.. help

Posted by Scottie001 on 16/4/2017 at 05:58

Hey.

I'm looking for a city in China to live in for a month.. I don't really like moving around too much. I prefer to get somewhat integrated into the areas I'm living for a while.

My visa in Thailand is either up in 2 weeks or I may extend and stay an 30 days before I head to china. So I've got time to find somewhere suitable.

Not Beijing or Shanghai though.

I was thinking about Lijiang or Chengdu ?

I hear Lijiang is a little expensive though, I travel long term so I'd rather find somewhere that quite cheap.

Cheers :)

#1 Scottie001 has been a member since 22/3/2015. Posts: 10

Posted by hellomoto84 on 24/7/2017 at 10:30

Chengdu and Lijiang are both very different cities - what is it about those two which has appealed to you? Chengdu we found to be modern, fairly clean, good transport, good food & a fair few things around that can keep you occupied (Mt Emei, pandas etc). Lijiang is mainly centred around the old town which is pretty but very touristy and super busy people filled most of the time!

As you suggest Chengdu may be better for a longer term budget stay but unsure whether there would be enough to keep you occupied for a month?

Sorry it's not a massively helpful reply!

#2 hellomoto84 has been a member since 13/3/2017. Posts: 18

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.