Text page


China forum

Onward travel for China (VISA & Border crossing requirements) + Mongolian travel

Posted by Haggis101 on 24/6/2017 at 20:32


We are wondering what we should do for our proof of onward travel.

We will be applying for our visa in Hanoi and won't leave for a few days after applying for it.

I have heard of the service fly onward.com where you rent a ticket, but I think it would end up costing us a bit if we rent the ticket for the visa application 24hour rental ($26 AUD) and then rent the tickets for our border crossing 48hour rental ($44.87 AUD) we would need to spend $70 AUD on rental tickets. (This is for two people and based on the websites prices which are in USD)

Does anyone have a cheaper alternative that we could use?

We plan to go overland into Mongolia and are thinking of using the route that these two blogs have described.



The alternative for us is either the train or a flight which would cost around $600 AUD and these guides look like they did it for half that cost.

Does anyone have any experience with going overland from China into Mongolia?

Vanitha and Joe

#1 Haggis101 has been a member since 4/1/2017. Posts: 1

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.