Photo: Cycling the backblocks of Thonburi.

Cycling in Asia forum

Seeking quality bike for SE Asia & China trip

Posted by Seby_C on 18/5/2011 at 22:17

Dear all,

I am looking to buy a second hand bike which will be used for a trip starting in Cambodia and ending in China, which I hope to set off on in around2 months time. I am 6'3" and so need a large frame (ideally 23 inches),and of course it needs to be in great condition to make the trip and then be sold in China.
If anyone has a bike matching this spec for sale I’d love to hear about it. I live in Siem Reap in Cambodia so if needs be I can make it to most places in Cambodia or even Bangkok and all areas between there and Siem Reap.

Or I would be extremely grateful if anyone knows of a good quality bikeshop in Bangkok where I can buy second hand bikes and discuss my requirements with the staff? I am aware I am most likely going to have to buy the bike from a shop in Bangkok, but don’t know where to start at this point.

And same goes for all equipment (panniers, tyres, tubes, puncture kit,etc etc etc) – I need to get hold of all that too so if anyone is selling this stuff please let me know!

Many thanks in advance!

#1 Seby_C has been a member since 16/5/2011. Posts: 11

Posted by goonistik on 19/5/2011 at 06:57

Somebody was selling a pair of bikes

#2 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 562
 Send goonistik a private message   Where has goonistik been? 

Posted by Tilapia on 19/5/2011 at 21:51

Check my last post in the South East Asia forum.

And sorry for calling you Selby. I have a friend called Selby and it just came out.

#3 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,507
 Send Tilapia a private message   Where has Tilapia been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.