Photo: Cycling the backblocks of Thonburi.

Cycling in Asia forum

New cycle Asia series

Posted by somtam2000 on 9/9/2009 at 12:34 admin

I've just added the first instalment on what should be a 16-week series, following a group of five American travellers cycling around Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam.

They're sending a story to us for publication every Wednesday talking about, well, "the travel experience".

The first piece (available here) is just an introduction to "the team" -- there is a lot more on the way.

This is a bit of an experiment for us and I hope you find their travels and experiences of interest. And a big fat thank you to Anderson and Co for making the effort to put this all together.

Cheers

#1 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,568
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by somtam2000 on 16/9/2009 at 12:14 admin

Just added the this week's installment. Anderson & Co do the Bangkok Experience -- starting at Chatuchak and finishes off at a gogo bar and all night party.

You can read the full story here: https://www.travelfish.org/feature/162

Am sure they'll get to the cycling bit soon...

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,568
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Tilapia on 6/11/2009 at 23:38

Any more additions to the series?

#3 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,496
 Where has Tilapia been? 

Posted by somtam2000 on 7/11/2009 at 09:29 admin

Hey Tilapia,

Yeah, it's been running almost every Wednesday... though it's sometimes rather light on the cycling aspect! You can see the full series here.

The Angkor cycling guide is probably the best one so far...

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,568

Posted by Tilapia on 7/11/2009 at 21:53

Thanks Somtam. Don't know how I missed that page.

Agree with the cycling content in the sections that I've read so far.

#5 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,496
 Where has Tilapia been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.