First of, I just wanted to say a quick thank you to the admin here, and the rest of you guys who have helped me set out an itinerary and plan out a suitable trip.
Here is my itinerary, from the 21st June to the 18th July:
1. Arrive in Bangkok on 21st June evening
2. Stay here till the 24th
3. On the 24th, we take the overnight train leaving BKK at 19:30, arriving in Ko Samui at 9:30 am.
4. We go from Ko Samui straight to Ko Phan Ngan by ferry
5. Leave Ko Phan Ngan on 28th to Ko Samui
6. Leave Ko Samui on the 1nd July and head back to Bangkok via ferry and overnight train
7. Take a flight on the 2rd July to Phnom Phen for £53 and stay here till the 5th July
8. On the 5th take the bus to Siem Reap and see Angkor till the 7th. Take a flight back to BKK.
9. From BKK, take the overnight train leaving on the 7th, arriving in CM on the 8th.
10. Stay in CM till 11th.
11. Take a flight from CM to Phuket on 11th and take the ferry from Phuket to Phi Phi.
12. Stay in Phi Phi till the 15th.
13. Overnight train from Phuket to Bkk, arriving on the 16th.
14. Be in BKK by 17th as flight is early morning on 18th.
I know this does sound quite packed and rushed, but if at any point we feel too rushed, we're going to skip a place or cut down the amount of days. I've calculated that the total amount I will need for trains/flights (not including the flight from the UK to BKK) will cost approx £260.
Not taking into account accomondation, do you think a budget of £20 a day will be enough?
I'm fairly open minded, i'll drink the local beer, i'll eat the local food (with the odd exception). I will be going out at night fairly often (maybe 3 times a week.
Any help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated because I'm getting quite worried that I'm going well over my budget now.
#1 Turf has been a member since 23/5/2010. Posts: 11
Looks like a doable budget but it depends on your comfort level. If your happy with basic accom and the odd dirty room then it's fine. It'll be more the going out that will cost you. Plus being in the tourist hotspots you will have to look harder for bargains. Dealing with dollars we found $50.00 a day was fine for me and my partner and we like our creature comforts so you should be fine.
#2 hamilove has been a member since 12/12/2009. Posts: 25