Photo: Time for some larger notes we reckon.

Finance and money forum

cheapest Asian country to live?

Posted by teresa7 on 4/7/2010 at 23:14

Which of the asian countries listed on this forum is the cheapest to stay for a month...accomodation and food etc

...and what minimum monthly budget should I make?

many thanks!

#1 teresa7 has been a member since 4/7/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by svendj on 2/8/2010 at 22:29

Well, that all depends on yourself how much you are willing to spend.

Laos and Vietnam are by far the cheapest I've been to. Cambodia is sometimes getting more expensive because of the dollar. Thailand is not as cheap as it used to be a few years ago but still a lot cheaper compared to western countries.

I've met people who barely live on about 350 € a month. for myself I always figure I need about 800 to a 1000 € to do my thing.

All depends what you want to do, If you like some parties and a good restaurant meal once and a while, if you're willing to stay in a guest house for $5 a day or going for more luxury at $10.

for a 1 month stay in the same place you can get some good arrangements for an apartment in Vietnam for about 120 € (155 USD). same prices in Thailand depends on where you are. You always get a lot of discounts if you stay for 3 months or longer.

#2 svendj has been a member since 30/4/2010. Location: Belgium. Posts: 196
 Send svendj a private message   Where has svendj been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.