Photo: Time for some larger notes we reckon.

Finance and money forum

South East Asia money advice please!

Posted by KF on 10/11/2011 at 12:44

Next week I will be travelling solo to Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia for 4 months. I do like a drink and a bit of a party but don't mind staying in cheap places, don't mind eating cheap and won't be moving about a massive amount. What would you say a comfortable £ budget would be per month? I have £700-£750 a month. Would this be ok?

Any advice would be great!

#1 KF has been a member since 10/11/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by eastwest on 10/11/2011 at 19:46

I think it's on the short side and I'm happy for you that you don't mind staying in cheaper places because you won't be able to afford much else.

Consider shortening the trip or leaving 1 country out. Visa and long distance travel eat into your budget and you're really a prisoner of your own budget and don't have much room to be spontaneous. What if you meet a great group of people and want to rent a motorbike for a while to travel together, go for a splash out meal, do a boat trips or any other fun activities?With your budget you may have to forego a lot of fun just because the budget is that tight.

#2 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778
 Send eastwest a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.