Photo: Time for some larger notes we reckon.

Finance and money forum

budget for 5 months?

Posted by bullred1 on 3/11/2012 at 19:24

Hello everybody,

Looking for some advice. I'm planning a trip to SE Asia for 5 months next year (April- September). And trying to find out what budget would be possible. Just checked some similar posts, but hardly found anything suitable exactly for me. Countries I would travel:
Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia. At the moment with tickets in my hand I have £4000 for travel spendings. Is that enough for a shoestring budget travel? By the way, I would stay in the hostel dorms, eat local foods, travel by buses and cheap trains. Is the amount of £4000 is real or I should increase it?

Any advice is appreciated
cheers

#1 bullred1 has been a member since 3/11/2012. Posts: 3

Posted by altmtl on 3/11/2012 at 21:25

I think that amount is perfect, you could probably get by on less, so don't worry. Save some for extras, Singapore is expensive.

#2 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 995
 Send altmtl a private message   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by JP90 on 4/11/2012 at 10:18

Yeah that must be enough if you don't spend too much time in Singapore. Enjoy your trip!

#3 JP90 has been a member since 4/11/2012. Posts: 3

Posted by bullred1 on 4/11/2012 at 12:21

Thanks for the info, guys! Now I can sleep well. Only 3 days in Singapore will be enough for me. By the way, do you have any idea how much I will be forced to pay for vaccinations? That looks horribly expensive in uk

#4 bullred1 has been a member since 3/11/2012. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.