Photo: Time for some larger notes we reckon.

Finance and money forum

airasia... pricing?

Posted by richkimmens on 20/2/2008 at 20:13

This may be me being rather stupid but looking at flights from KL to BK at the end of March the website says 69.99 MYR but when I select the flight and press next this jumps up to 175.99 MYR, can anyone explain why this is? Are there taxes etc that are added but not described as have to be added to all flights or something?

#1 richkimmens has been a member since 30/1/2008. Posts: 7

Posted by tails101 on 20/2/2008 at 23:19

Air Asia still quote all prices excluding taxes, and it's only when you start to actually book the tickets do they add these on to the cost.

You can view the breakdown of the fare plus taxes once you have selected the flights by clicking on the plus next to the cost on the left hand side of the screen...

#2 tails101 has been a member since 1/4/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 105
 Send tails101 a private message   Twitter 

Posted by natwest on 11/3/2008 at 18:39

I guess 175.99 is the post-tax, charges price. Air Asia usually adds Airport Tax, Admin Charges, Fuel Surcharge before giving you a final price. So don't worry, no rip-off here.
Unlike some other budget airlines in SEA, which refuse to breakdown their surcharges. They just give you a final figure and expect you work it out yourself.

#3 natwest has been a member since 6/3/2008. Location: China. Posts: 24

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.