Photo: Time for some larger notes we reckon.

Finance and money forum

Canadian Debit Card in Thailand

Posted by CharFlorica on 18/6/2008 at 22:56

Hello,

I've been looking through these threads, and I can't entirely seem to find a solid answer about Canadian debit in Thailand.

I was wondering whether anyone actually knows of a good card. The bank companies that I have to work with are
ATB, CIBC, Royal Bank, Scotia, BMO, HSBC, Christian Credit Union etc.

I know that my mastercard has the cirrus symbol on it, but I would rather not solely use that.

THanks!!

#1 CharFlorica has been a member since 6/6/2008. Posts: 6

Posted by CharFlorica on 19/6/2008 at 23:28

sylvester010

Your response is not showing up, but I did receive an email saying there was a response. I don't know whats going on, but if you don't mind trying to post again, that would be great! Thanks.

Char

#2 CharFlorica has been a member since 6/6/2008. Posts: 6

Posted by somtam2000 on 20/6/2008 at 05:37 admin

Hi Char,

sylvester010 was a filthy spammer and has been banned.

Unfortunately I can't help with your query, but perhaps someone else will chime in.

Cheers

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by smartso on 1/7/2008 at 21:05

Hi CharFlorica, I just got back from SEA today and I can tell you that I had no problem with my Canadian Debt Cards in Thailand/Cambodia.Laos. I'm with the Royal Bank and everything worked fine. I think Royal charges you $5 per out of country transaction so that might be something to look at. I was debating taking a Presidents Choice card over there as it was only $3 (the cheapest I'd found) but I never got around to it. Hope that helps and let me know if you have any other questions. Oh, make sure you set your pin to a 4 digit code.

#4 smartso has been a member since 11/4/2008. Posts: 13

Posted by idreamofdurian on 5/9/2008 at 13:46 TF writer

Ditto with smartso - I've used my CIBC and Manitoban credit union debit cards in ATMs in Thailand and they always spit out money for me :)

#5 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.