Photo: Time for some larger notes we reckon.

Finance and money forum

Ferry to Ko Lipe from Langkawi - where to get Baht from?

Posted by jyates on 8/1/2009 at 21:00

I'm going to be travelling from Singapore, to KL, Langkawi, then over the border by ferry to Ko Lipe. I've been told there's no cash machines on Ko Lipe and also you need Baht to give to the longtail drivers. Where should I get my Baht from? The UK, before I go? Singapore? KL? Or can I exchange RM in Langkawi for Baht?

Many thanks,

#1 jyates has been a member since 2/12/2008. Posts: 7

Posted by somtam2000 on 9/1/2009 at 11:36 admin

Hi Josie,

You should be able to get it in Langkawi.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,644
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by jyates on 9/1/2009 at 19:45

cool thanks.

#3 jyates has been a member since 2/12/2008. Posts: 7

Posted by Stigron on 15/2/2009 at 08:56

Hello Josie,

The longtail drivers will take ringit but it's better to have some Baht.
The Andaman resort will let you take money out but there are no ATM's.

Lipe is pure paradise. But one warning. Be carefull swimming. we met an enlish girl who stood on a sea urchin. Ouch!! And it's a long way to any medical attention.

We also went on a bit further to Ko Lanta. And I would like to go back to investigate the area around Trang. JUst beautiful.

HAve a great time and have a beer at Pooh's Bar for me!!

#4 Stigron has been a member since 15/2/2009. Location: Australia. Posts: 28

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.