Photo: Time for some larger notes we reckon.

Finance and money forum

5 month travel

Posted by benphotog on 11/2/2009 at 11:56

Posted from within Vietnam.

I've been travelling for about 3 monthes now from london to south africa to australia and new zealand and my money has been flying out the door, and this is me not flashpacking haha, now i'm in SEA and have 5 monthes to travel 2 of which will be in thailand. So i have 2 questions, 1) How much money do u think i will need on this trip? 2) The best way to get extend a thai visa by a month
by the way i'm american so any advice would be great! Thanks!

#1 benphotog has been a member since 11/2/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 13/2/2009 at 08:34 admin

Hi Ben,

1) depends on how much you travel. US$20-30 a day in Thailand is plenty for travellers on a budget.

2) If you're talking about a two month tourist visa and want to extend it for another 30 days, go to the immigration office in Bangkok -- they'll do it for you no problems.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,644
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by benphotog on 15/2/2009 at 11:31

Posted from within Vietnam.

thanks for that somtam cheers!

#3 benphotog has been a member since 11/2/2009. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.