Photo: Time for some larger notes we reckon.

Finance and money forum

Multiple destination flights!? Korea-Toronto with add ons?

Posted by Mariane12 on 25/4/2009 at 17:06

Hi. I'm leaving in 3 weeks and haven't booked any flights yet! I'm just finishing my teaching contract in Korea so I'll be flying out from here. My plan is to fly from Korea to Hanoi first, then fly to Chiang Mai and work my way down to Phuket. Then fly out of Bangkok home to Toronto. What would be my best bet for this? Is it possible to book a one-way flight from Korea to Toronto and just add destinations? Or should I book individuals flights? The flights I've found to Hanoi so far are about 500$ which seems pretty pricy. I'm driving myself crazy looking at a million different sites trying to find the best deal. What's the best way to go about booking this. I've tried going to travel agents but the language barrier makes it a little challenging.

Please help!!!

#1 Mariane12 has been a member since 17/4/2009. Posts: 7

Posted by somtam2000 on 25/4/2009 at 19:58 admin

My suggestion would be to fly Hanoi to Bangkok with AirAsia and then fly/train north to Chiang Mai (with AirAsia or Nok Air). The Hanoi Bangkok flights are very cheap - often well under $100 - I paid $40.

Once you're in thailand, I'd look into a one way from Bangkok to Toronto. Get all your other domestic tickets in Thailand and fly hub to hub -- cheaper that way.

Korea to Vietnam -- ahhh can't help on that one! Been a lonnnng time since I've been to Korea - perhaps someone else on the forum can help.

Cheers!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,707
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by amazon_blonde on 26/4/2009 at 11:24

I recently flew home to Toronto from Hanoi via Seoul. First, if you're in SEA and intend to go home to Toronto without needing to stop in Korea, then don't! The flight connections/layovers are nasty and it's more expensive than getting a flight from BKK-YVR via Hong Kong or another stop.

As for tickets to Hanoi from Seoul, we flew Asiana. Either Asiana or Korean Air is going to cost about $500 USD o/w. That's just what they charge. It's a 4 hour international flight, so that's not entirely outrageous. You can get a cheaper flight with China Southern, (about $290 USD) but it stops in China somewhere ...

#3 amazon_blonde has been a member since 20/12/2008. Posts: 116

Posted by brucemoon on 27/4/2009 at 17:38

Mariane12

Elsewhere, I answered your call with...

I just looked at AirNinja, to discover that AirNinja does not list a LCCT's (low cost carrier terminals) servicing Korea.

I looked at Orbitz.com, and it shows a 1 stopover with China Southern Airlines [Soeul, Guangzou, Hanoi) for $299.

Kayak.com shows same at $288.

I note that Am... has also suggested same.

As for internal SE Asia, Travelfish suggests an option...

https://www.travelfish.org/feature/118

cheers

cheers

#4 brucemoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by Mariane12 on 28/4/2009 at 08:47

Thanks! I can't believe how cheap some of the flights are. Any ideas where to find the cheapest flights from Bangkok to Toronto?

#5 Mariane12 has been a member since 17/4/2009. Posts: 7

Posted by brucemoon on 28/4/2009 at 09:45

Mariane12

I went to AirNinja.com, put in from BKK to YYZ, and clicked on the three search engine options - Expedia, Orbitz, and Kayak.

Orbitz shows a joint fare - ANA to Tokyo, then Air Canada to Toronto for $605.

http://www.orbitz.com/App/ViewFlightSearchResults?OSC=J2rs9D1pz2!-2056331054!183214658!7001!-1&retrieveParams=true&z=9607&r=2&z=9608&r=3&lastPage=interstitial

Kayak has same...

http://www.kayak.com/s/flights.jsp?searchid=CEyCO1&completed=true

hope this helps

cheers

#6 brucemoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.