Photo: Time for some larger notes we reckon.

Finance and money forum

Perfect card for all Australian travellers

Posted by furneburner on 24/9/2009 at 15:18

Hi everyone, the late great Brucemoon helped me out alot with a credit card called "wizard clear advantage".

They charge no international fees, and cash advances are also exempt from fees. As far as he/I know it's the only card like it available in Australia.

Moreover, it's free! No reason not to get one if you purchase online or travel internationally.

Hope that is helpful to some of you.

#1 furneburner has been a member since 5/9/2009. Posts: 180

Posted by furneburner on 7/11/2009 at 05:31

Quite surprised that no-one found that useful!

#2 furneburner has been a member since 5/9/2009. Posts: 180

Posted by fox80 on 29/9/2010 at 06:47

Thanks for that info. I am actually going to apply for this card very soon.

#3 fox80 has been a member since 12/2/2010. Posts: 22

Posted by sanpedro on 23/10/2010 at 21:25

I love the wizard and have used it on numerous overseas trips.

Interestingly as a current cardholder,I filled out a survey this week from Wizard and they asked all different types of questions about which fee structures I might prefer in the future. e.g paper statement fees, interest rates, and most importantly dormancy fees if the card not used each month and charges if you put the card into credit.

Makes me wonder if the Wizard card has been too popular as a travel card - that is sporadic use, lots of cash advances and travellers putting the card into credit.

These were not announcements or anything but might be something to watch out for.

#4 sanpedro has been a member since 29/9/2009. Posts: 10

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.