Photo: The original Bladerunner.

Hong Kong forum

Visiting Hong Kong

Posted by bens88 on 7/8/2017 at 07:38

Hi friends,

I will be visiting Hong Kong on a business trip and will stay for about 2 weeks. The dates aren't final, but hopefully near this year-end or the beginning of 2018.

I have flown via Hong Kong airport a few times and always used to plan of coming back for a longer visit. So, this time I want to make the most of my tour.

Besides Disneyland and the Peak, what are some interesting places to see while in Hong Kong? Also, how expensive is the city, in terms of food & lodging?

#1 bens88 has been a member since 4/8/2017. Posts: 3

Posted by Tars on 9/8/2017 at 03:15

Hi bens88,

A 2-week stay in Hong Kong gives you plenty of time to really explore the city and "get off the beaten track" as they often say!
I don't know what you usually like doing when abroad, but here is a couple of things that I liked when I visited Hong Kong, hopefully it can be of any help for you too:

- Spend a night at the Horse Races
- Go check out one of the many nice beaches around Hong Kong (my favorite: Big Wave Bay for surfing)
- Have a stroll in Edward Youde Aviary Bird Park
- Do a day trip to Macau
- Check out Victoria Harbor at night

Cheers

#2 Tars has been a member since 25/7/2017. Posts: 4

Posted by bens88 on 10/8/2017 at 06:45

Thanks a lot, Tars.
Don't know about the horse races, but will deifinitely hit the beaches nearby. Have heard of Shek-O a lot in another forum.
Macau seems like a must-go. How stupid of me, I never knew Macau was just an hour away from Hong Kong!

#3 bens88 has been a member since 4/8/2017. Posts: 3

Posted by Tars on 15/8/2017 at 03:50

bens88,

You are more than welcome, glad that you found it useful.

I hope you'll have a wonderful time!

Cheers,

Tars

#4 Tars has been a member since 25/7/2017. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.