Photo: Wong's Bar, Bangkok.

Idle banter forum

Getting on scenic flights over SEA

Posted by Mexicano31 on 27/5/2010 at 05:29

Just wondering guys,

has anyone hired a scenic plane or helicopter flight in Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia or anywhere in SEA? something that would give you great views of the landscape...

Im interested in doing some aereal photography although Im not a pro and dont count on the big budget...

#1 Mexicano31 has been a member since 8/4/2010. Posts: 27
 Website 

Posted by SBE on 27/5/2010 at 14:10

I don't know how much they cost, but there are hot air balloons for tourists over Angkhor Wat and Bagan every sunset.

Last year I took a 6am Air Asia flight from Bali to KL. We flew over Mount Bromo just as the sun was rising and the view was simply stunning.

#2 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,019
 Where has SBE been? 

Posted by Mexicano31 on 27/5/2010 at 22:35

Thats interesting SBE, thanks for the info. I hope those hot air balloon flights are not too expensive.

#3 Mexicano31 has been a member since 8/4/2010. Posts: 27
 Website 

Posted by idreamofdurian on 27/5/2010 at 23:54 TF writer

the balloon over Bagan was something exorbitant like $250 USD!

#4 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by Sophia_India on 2/6/2010 at 18:21

When i flew from Bali to Kuala Lumpur on a commercial flight i had the best view of all the volcanoes. It was the most amazing flight that I have ever been on!

#5 Sophia_India has been a member since 2/6/2010. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 45
 Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.