Photo: Wong's Bar, Bangkok.

Idle banter forum

Yoga Classes/Studios in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos

Posted by hfergu on 31/5/2010 at 19:39

I'm hoping to take some yoga classes during my travels in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. So far this is the list of studios I've come up with...

- Vientiane --> Vientiane Yoga Studio
- Phnom Phen --> Nata Raj Yoga
- Siem Reap --> Raja Yoga (meditation)
- Hanoi --> Zenith Yoga
- Ho Chi Minh --> Breathing Room, Saigon Yoga

Does anyone have any additions? Or any experience taking classes in SE Asia?

I'm not even sure what the correct outfit would be, considering the heat in combination with the cultural expectations to dress modestly. I was thinking of bringing thin leggings and wearing a t-shirt for when I practice yoga, either solo (for example, outside by myself) or if I'm taking a class.

#1 hfergu has been a member since 21/3/2010. Location: Canada. Posts: 26

Posted by Sophia_India on 2/6/2010 at 18:29

When I did Yoga in India it was really hot and I wore leggings and a vest top which did the job whilst not making me so hot. If you are outside, then make sure you dont have too much flesh showing or you will be drawing too much attention which will surely put you off.....

#2 Sophia_India has been a member since 2/6/2010. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 45
 Send Sophia_India a private message   Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.