Photo: Wong's Bar, Bangkok.

Idle banter forum

Open Ended Ticket from Canada or Buffalo, NY

Posted by shawnmccrea on 9/11/2010 at 23:41

Hey everyone,

First post here so crossing my fingers on replys.

I am looking at flying into Bangkok from Toronto, Ontario, Canada where I am from in February 2011. Or if need be I will drive to Buffalo, NY for a cheaper flight.

I am looking to travel for 6 months plus but don't really know my return date at all. I am struggling with finding a company over here that offers open ended tickets or possibly one that will allow a free or cheap change of my return flight date.

Any information would be greatly appreciated as I am looking to book my ticket soon and been coming up empty handed.

Thanks in advance!

#1 shawnmccrea has been a member since 21/5/2010. Location: Canada. Posts: 12
 Send shawnmccrea a private message 

Posted by savorygal on 9/11/2010 at 23:49

I would recommend a one way ticket. I bought a one way from toronto to bangkok & will be leaving in january. I will be traveling a bit longer than you, so it is nice to have the flexibilty of returning from where & when you want. You can easliy book a return flight online.

#2 savorygal has been a member since 16/7/2010. Posts: 168
 Send savorygal a private message   Website 

Posted by shawnmccrea on 10/11/2010 at 00:21

Hey Savory,

If all goes will I may stay much longer than 6 months. Depends how I spend my money as well.

The only thing is its A LOT more expensive to book a 1 way ticket I have found.

Im curious what you paid for your ticket and who you are flying with?

I do like the option of being able to fly home from a different location than the one I arrived at though!

#3 shawnmccrea has been a member since 21/5/2010. Location: Canada. Posts: 12

Posted by savorygal on 10/11/2010 at 09:35

I paid 800 USD + 40, 000 miles for a one way business class ticket on cathay pacific. I bought the ticket in August. good luck! Have you tried www.vayama.com ? I found their pricing the best of the lot.

#4 savorygal has been a member since 16/7/2010. Posts: 168
 Send savorygal a private message   Website 

Posted by shawnmccrea on 10/11/2010 at 21:48

No I havent tried Vayama but I will definately check it out! Thank you!

Do you also know of any companies that offer open ended tickets at all?

#5 shawnmccrea has been a member since 21/5/2010. Location: Canada. Posts: 12

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.