Photo: Wong's Bar, Bangkok.

Idle banter forum

Happy new year (and where are you at?)

Posted by Sampan on 30/12/2010 at 11:07

Happy new year all!

I'm in Hoi An myself, sitting back sipping coffee's and soaking up the warmth and (relative) peace.. (all compared with Hanoi. It was cold! :)

Where are you at, and what are you doing?

#1 Sampan has been a member since 3/9/2009. Posts: 111
 Send Sampan a private message 

Skip the queues!
Skip the queues!
Ad Book plane, train, bus & ferry tickets
with 12Go Asia.

12go.asia

Read more

Posted by svendj on 30/12/2010 at 15:47

Well, back home (Belgium/ Flemish part) for just over a year now. Had been backpacking/working around south east Asia on and off for about 2 years. Back home and working on another job for a year now.
Saving **** loads of money for whenever I get the chance to go off again for a few years (which is now but I want more money :p).

Will be in Thailand and Laos in April though for a month holiday.

Enjoy your time in Hoi An! been there for a week in august last year and stayed at a major resort (got 50% discount because of low season so we just paid $5 extra for a resort instead of a crappy hotel :p).

Don't know if you've been around already.... otherwise, take a motorbike and drive to the sea (you know where it is). and then take the main road up north over there (not going back into town), after a 20 minute drive you'll end up at Buddha mountain or something. aah well, you'll figure it out.
enjoy!

#2 svendj has been a member since 30/4/2010. Location: Belgium. Posts: 196
 Send svendj a private message   Where has svendj been? 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by somsai on 31/12/2010 at 11:31

Wishing I were on the other side of the world and watching the thermometer drop like a rock. Minus 10 degrees and still falling.

#3 somsai has been a member since 1/3/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 566
 Send somsai a private message 

Posted by neosho on 31/12/2010 at 16:59

Thailand, about an hour and a half south and east of Ubon Ratchathani. Little village. Weather is beautiful Somsai. (smile) Working on tomorrow's hangover. Happy New Year all.

#4 neosho has been a member since 13/8/2008. Posts: 386

Posted by svendj on 31/12/2010 at 20:52

ah well neosho, you're at a good place now but ... you use Somsai for a smile [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img] that's the farang word for smile :p, use this : ยิ้มแย้ม, this is yim yaem (pronounce the y"aem" as "am" in english from "I am" so it's gotta be yim yam or something [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img].hehe). or just use YIM, that's just a smile and YIM YAEM is a big smile.

also: a hangover is mao kang!

anyway bro, take care cause you're probably in a much better, more beautiful place than I am now [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img].
cheers

hmm, a little edit: it seams that the forum doesn't accept thai characters :p.

#5 svendj has been a member since 30/4/2010. Location: Belgium. Posts: 196
 Send svendj a private message   Where has svendj been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.