Photo: Wong's Bar, Bangkok.

Idle banter forum

Happy new year (and where are you at?)

Posted by Sampan on 30/12/2010 at 11:07

Posted from within Vietnam.

Happy new year all!

I'm in Hoi An myself, sitting back sipping coffee's and soaking up the warmth and (relative) peace.. (all compared with Hanoi. It was cold! :)

Where are you at, and what are you doing?

#1 Sampan has been a member since 3/9/2009. Posts: 110

Posted by svendj on 30/12/2010 at 15:47

Well, back home (Belgium/ Flemish part) for just over a year now. Had been backpacking/working around south east Asia on and off for about 2 years. Back home and working on another job for a year now.
Saving **** loads of money for whenever I get the chance to go off again for a few years (which is now but I want more money :p).

Will be in Thailand and Laos in April though for a month holiday.

Enjoy your time in Hoi An! been there for a week in august last year and stayed at a major resort (got 50% discount because of low season so we just paid $5 extra for a resort instead of a crappy hotel :p).

Don't know if you've been around already.... otherwise, take a motorbike and drive to the sea (you know where it is). and then take the main road up north over there (not going back into town), after a 20 minute drive you'll end up at Buddha mountain or something. aah well, you'll figure it out.

#2 svendj has been a member since 30/4/2010. Location: Belgium. Posts: 196
 Send svendj a private message   Where has svendj been? 

Posted by somsai on 31/12/2010 at 11:31

Wishing I were on the other side of the world and watching the thermometer drop like a rock. Minus 10 degrees and still falling.

#3 somsai has been a member since 1/3/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 568
 Send somsai a private message 

Posted by neosho on 31/12/2010 at 16:59

Thailand, about an hour and a half south and east of Ubon Ratchathani. Little village. Weather is beautiful Somsai. (smile) Working on tomorrow's hangover. Happy New Year all.

#4 neosho has been a member since 13/8/2008. Posts: 386

Posted by svendj on 31/12/2010 at 20:52

ah well neosho, you're at a good place now but ... you use Somsai for a smile [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img] that's the farang word for smile :p, use this : ยิ้มแย้ม, this is yim yaem (pronounce the y"aem" as "am" in english from "I am" so it's gotta be yim yam or something [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img].hehe). or just use YIM, that's just a smile and YIM YAEM is a big smile.

also: a hangover is mao kang!

anyway bro, take care cause you're probably in a much better, more beautiful place than I am now [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img].

hmm, a little edit: it seams that the forum doesn't accept thai characters :p.

#5 svendj has been a member since 30/4/2010. Location: Belgium. Posts: 196
 Send svendj a private message   Where has svendj been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.