Photo: Wong's Bar, Bangkok.

Idle banter forum

insurance issue...

Posted by sorabee on 7/2/2012 at 10:00

Hello Everyone...

My question is exactly this: "What is my country of permanent residence?"
I live in Athens Greece with a residence permit/work permit. I am originally from South Korea so I hold a South Korean passport.
So should I put S.Korea as my permenant residence or Greece? I am rather confused because I have not lived in S. Korea since 1998 but I do not technically have the right to "permenantly" live in Greece without renewing my permit...
I need to get a travel insurance and I would like to get a couples' cover as offered on World Nomads website as I will be travelling to Thailand with my boyfriend who is Greek.
But, I wonder if my country of permanant residence is NOT Greece, then we cannot get the couples cover?
I don't want to select the wrong permanent residence and then the cover somehow doesn't apply...
Please Help!

#1 sorabee has been a member since 1/2/2012. Posts: 8
 Send sorabee a private message 

Posted by busylizzy on 7/2/2012 at 14:36

Why not ask the insurance company? They will know what they are looking for. You can always ask anonymously first if you are concerned.

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by KirstyB on 7/2/2012 at 21:17

I agree with busylizzys suggestion in terms of getting a definitive answer but I think generally country of residence is used to determine the country to which you will be repatriated to in the event of an emergency.

#3 KirstyB has been a member since 27/7/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 151
 Send KirstyB a private message   Where has KirstyB been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.