Photo: Wong's Bar, Bangkok.

Idle banter forum

Travel memories

Posted by blaziko on 1/10/2012 at 15:48

Hello :)!
What tools are you using during your travel to save it's real image? I mean, do you think that photos and text is enough? I'm looking for some method to save my memories easily but better than only with camera. What do you think is the best way to do it? What is most important for you while creating your documentary? I'm looking for inspiration. What if you are travelling with buddies? Any method to create documentary easily and together? I know I'm asking many questions but I'm a little bit desperate about it ;)

PS. If this is bad category, I'm sorry, but I couldn't find better in my opinion.

#1 blaziko has been a member since 1/10/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by busylizzy on 1/10/2012 at 17:07

Personally, I like to keep a travel blog. It provides an update for family and friends (with photos) so I don't generally have to correspond individually. As well as recording memories and stories of each place, I try to record practical stuff like where I stayed, etc. I often refer to mine after my trip - often as a reference to provide other travellers with info. And of course, it then becomes a source of info and inspiration for other travellers planning their trips.

Travelpod is quite a good one, esp if you're not technical, or don't want your own website domain. It allows you to easily upload photos, and it has a map that you can use to record where you've been. They have a facility to turn it into a book after the trip if you want, although I haven't done this as it looked quite expensive. I did, however, export it into a Word Document so that I could keep my own 'book'.

If you are more technically minded, and want to put the time into it, you could also set up your own blog on WordPress.

Other than that, I have a box of 'bits and pieces' that I have kept - ticket stubs, postcards or whatever I kept along the way. Not sure why I'm keeping it though.... that doesn't get pulled out much!

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by blaziko on 3/10/2012 at 05:46

Your box of "bits and pieces" gets me more than blog, but it's not what I was thinking about. I mean, I'm looking for something complex, to record memories as they really were. I want to experience situations I have taken part in as truly as it is possible. You can't place music or weather in your box, for example. I think that "future album" could describe it quite well. Maybe it is impossible... :)

#3 blaziko has been a member since 1/10/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by Saphir on 26/11/2012 at 00:28

I can't stand travel blogs. Here's an idea. While on holiday, get yourself a really large, colourful, crudely executed tattoo.

#4 Saphir has been a member since 19/5/2009. Posts: 74
 Where has Saphir been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.