Photo: Wong's Bar, Bangkok.

Idle banter forum

Skinky motorbike adventure

Posted by somtam2000 on 17/1/2013 at 07:49 admin

"Interesting" approach to travel...

"Adventure motorcycle barging. 20,000 km. 8 countries. 5½ months. Never paid to sleep. Never washed white-T/jeans. Never shaved. No meat. No hotels. No bullshit.

The duo also lived by a set of strict rules referred to as The 10 Commandments, which included never paying for a hotel or hostel, abstaining from eating meat completely and never, ever wasting a drop of beer."

You can read the full story here on TNT Magazine - worth a look just for the top pic of those unwashed tshirts.

Thoughts?

#1 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by MADMAC on 17/1/2013 at 11:53

Well, they don't explain their ten commandments. They don't explain why they don't wash. They don't explain why they don't eat meat. So... they're nuts until they can explain otherwise. Being extreme is not a euphamism for being cool or great.

#2 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Posted by busylizzy on 17/1/2013 at 13:27

That's just disgusting. There's no excuse for it. Seriously - they go couchsurfing? Where they are invited into people's homes? Looking (and smelling!) like that? Where's theie sense of self-respect - if not for themselves, for others around them?

(Geesh, I sound like my mother now!)

Title of this thread should be 'Skunky', not 'skinky' - although I presume you meant 'Stinky'!

#3 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by MADMAC on 18/1/2013 at 00:10

I'm with Liz here. And I skinky is not a word. There's a whole lot wrong with that blog.

#4 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Posted by somtam2000 on 18/1/2013 at 01:55 admin

Skinky wasn't a word, but it is now.

It means these two guys ;-)

#5 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.