Photo: Wong's Bar, Bangkok.

Idle banter forum

Chinese New Year and Cambodia disintegrates

Posted by sayadian on 9/2/2013 at 20:08

First day of the holiday and already it's become a stress-fest. I really don't know how I am going to cope. I'm sure you people out there understand what it's like but this was a reach for the valium time. No sausages! And all because it's New Year. What next no muesli for the hippies, no burgers for the Yanks?
Does anyone else have these profoundly gloomy problems during local holidays?

#1 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557
 Send sayadian a private message 

Posted by caseyprich on 12/2/2013 at 23:09

Well - I get out of China every Spring Festival - because things really shut down there. Currently in Kampot - just arrived, and the only thing I've noticed is that every bus has been between 1 and 2 hours late . . . but i just figured that was normal. Was in Battambang on the 9th when it all started and really not much seemed to change.

#2 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Send caseyprich a private message   Where has caseyprich been? 

Posted by busylizzy on 13/2/2013 at 01:19

What did you think of Battambang, Casey? (Just interested in your opinion; I didn't make it there like I intended.....)

#3 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by caseyprich on 13/2/2013 at 07:05

It was nice - a lot quieter than Siem Reap, and people were very friendly. We lucked upon a showing of local kids photography that really made the trip there spectacular. Also, some good rides in the country to see some ruins that were not very busy. Overall, the city itself was a bit dusty and drab . . . I've only been in Kampot for one day but find the riverside here more pleasant.

#4 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Send caseyprich a private message   Where has caseyprich been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.