Photo: Wong's Bar, Bangkok.

Idle banter forum

Thank god it's Friday!

Posted by somtam2000 on 20/2/2009 at 09:17 admin

If you could be jetting off in the next hour, to anywhere in the world, for a week, where would you be headed? Cost, travel time etc don't matter...

Me I'd be headed to Pokhara in Nepal, for a solid week of trekking and floating in that glorious lake.

#1 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,710
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by exacto on 20/2/2009 at 10:09

pokhara was awesome! the views of the anapurna range were spectacular, and value for money i don't think i've had better anywhere. i particularly liked hanging out up on top of the hill, taking one of the many stone stairways that had been built up to the kot (fort) over the centuries.

as for us, we're off tomorrow for a 2-week green tortoise adventure bus trip to baja california. it's a combination of hanging out on the beach and margarita sampling with 37 of our soon-to-be closes friends. plus, it is a great escape from this cold north american winter. that's where we'd go, but i guess we are cheating, since it is for twice as long as somtam mentioned. cheers.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,686
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Posted by Thaiman on 21/2/2009 at 14:22

Seeing as it's only for a week,I'd like to jump on a plane,go to the West Coast of Australia and do some fly fishing for some of them Bonefish.

#3 Thaiman has been a member since 12/11/2008. Posts: 201
 Send Thaiman a private message 

Posted by CunningMcFar on 13/6/2009 at 00:09

I imagine I'd prolly fly to Osaka and visit my mom in Hirakata for a week.

#4 CunningMcFar has been a member since 20/8/2004. Posts: 163
 Send CunningMcFar a private message   Where has CunningMcFar been? 

Posted by BruceMoon on 13/6/2009 at 13:14

Gee, somtam...

Like the supermodels, I'm not sure I'd be bothered getting out of bed for a week.

But, if I had to, I'd probably go:

Winter - skiing at Hakata or Niseko, Japan
Spring - bike riding, Guanxi Province, China
Summer - motorhome-ing, South Is, kiwiland
Autumn - trout fishing, Bright - Jameson region, Australia

Yep, I'd probably get out of bed for those.

Cheers

#5 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by DLuek on 13/6/2009 at 13:24 TF writer

Greenland. Always wanted to go there.

#6 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,185
 Send DLuek a private message   Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.