Photo: Wong's Bar, Bangkok.

Idle banter forum

Connecting flights with Air Asia

Posted by Rohan on 20/10/2009 at 17:53

Not sure if this is the right topic for this, but there didn't seem to be anything specific.

I have booked a flight home from KL to Australia with Air Asia. However, Air Asia does not fly to Sydney (where I live) and so I am traveling via Melbourne, and I do not now how long to leave for the connecting flight.

Does anyone have any experience flying Air Asia? Do they tend to run on time?

#1 Rohan has been a member since 16/6/2009. Posts: 63

Posted by furneburner on 20/10/2009 at 18:48

The Air Asia X flights i have caught (2 so far i think?) have always arrived early.

I don't think you will have too much problem with the Air Asia X flights, but maybe others have had bad experiences.

Best to leave 3 hours just in case like any other flight though...

#2 furneburner has been a member since 5/9/2009. Posts: 180

Posted by DLuek on 21/10/2009 at 02:12 TF writer

Air Asia has a pretty solid track record of being on time. You should plan as though you're flying any other airline.

#3 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,185
 Send DLuek a private message   Website   Twitter 

Posted by wanderingcat on 21/10/2009 at 09:25

depends on time of day. morning flights tend to be on time, while evening/night flights run a higher risk of being delayed cos any delays that occur earlier in the day just snowball. don't know about Air Asia X, only flown their AK & FD routes.

#4 wanderingcat has been a member since 21/10/2006. Posts: 730
 Send wanderingcat a private message   Where has wanderingcat been?   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.