Photo: Wong's Bar, Bangkok.

Idle banter forum

Music in cambodia

Posted by katieflorence on 7/2/2010 at 11:51

Posted from within Vietnam.

I was in Cambodia about a month ago and there was this American pop song- well maybe more rnb/dance- that they played everywhere but now totally forgotten what it was and it's been annoying me! Can anyone help?!

#1 katieflorence has been a member since 23/10/2009. Posts: 11

Posted by Lother on 7/2/2010 at 18:47

I think you'll need to give some kind of clues to get any kind of reasonable guess :).

One song that has been played really excessively in Cambodia over the last 6-9 months is I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho) by Pitbull.

#2 Lother has been a member since 12/5/2006. Location: Earth. Posts: 214
 Send Lother a private message 

Posted by katieflorence on 8/2/2010 at 17:21

Lother I think I love you, that's the exact one! Thanks so much, it's been annoying me for the past week! Guess no further clues were needed!!

#3 katieflorence has been a member since 23/10/2009. Posts: 11

Posted by DuncanStuart on 9/2/2010 at 10:17

Lother - you must have ESP. Brilliant. On an unrelated Cambodian musical note - I've been belatedly discovering the music of Dengue Fever - American Band with Cambodian female lead. The respectfully capture the sound of KhmerPop of the 1960s - which might be described as Japan ballad meets Surf Guitar. Just amazing - so if you're wanting to get into a Cambodian mood after your travels; they're worth checking out. They are a reminder also of the lost golden period immediately before Pol Pot.

#4 DuncanStuart has been a member since 22/9/2009. Posts: 32

Posted by Lother on 11/2/2010 at 23:50

Yeah, I like Dengue Fever a lot too. For an amusing look into the hidden classic rock past of Cambodia, see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQRETKKPkpg (plus anything else by Ros Sereysothea).

#5 Lother has been a member since 12/5/2006. Location: Earth. Posts: 214
 Send Lother a private message 

Posted by Sophia_India on 2/6/2010 at 19:13

I know you want me is sooooooo annoying!!

#6 Sophia_India has been a member since 2/6/2010. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 45
 Send Sophia_India a private message   Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.