Text page

Southeast Asia

Southeast Asia forum

electical adapters-which one

Posted by sglasson on 30/10/2006 at 00:13

I would like to purchase an adapter to charge my camera/hook up laptop during trip to Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos. Any suggestions on which one(s) to buy? I've heard that the two pronged one (used also in France) works. Also, any suggestions on where to buy cheap and lightweight ones. thanks

#1 sglasson has been a member since 20/9/2006. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 30/10/2006 at 12:20 admin

Hi sglasson,

Welcome to Travelfish!

While plugs are not standardised (there are at least three main styles) the most common plug is two vertical flat (not round) prongs -- sort of like this:

| |

I picked my adaptor up at a department store in tahialnd - cost next to nothing -- I don't think you'd have much trouble getting one in Vietnam, but Laos and Cambodia could involve a bit more legwork -- invariably guesthouses will have them so just ask them where they got theirs.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,062

Posted by THANHBINH on 31/10/2006 at 16:08

Hi sglasson,

In Vietnam most you can use both the flat one and the round one at the same 220vhole.in Cambodia it is often a 220v flat hole

#3 THANHBINH has been a member since 12/9/2006. Posts: 3

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.