Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

First Time Lone FemaleTraveller - Help needed please

Posted by Joannacxxx on 26/5/2010 at 22:57

Hi, I am hoping to do a 48 day tour next year with Tucan Travel, starting in Hanoi and ending in Singapore. The tour will end mid October and would like to travel on my own for a further 6 weeks before returing home. Not really sue where to head from Singapore,and where will be nice weather wise mid october. Was thinking Oz, but then thought maybe better off staying in Asia?? Any suggestions on where to go would be really useful, thanks.

#1 Joannacxxx has been a member since 26/5/2010. Posts: 10

Posted by svendj on 27/5/2010 at 21:29

Depends on what your tour you've booked has included. which countries will you already be doing with this tour?
grtz

#2 svendj has been a member since 30/4/2010. Location: Belgium. Posts: 196
 Send svendj a private message   Where has svendj been? 

Posted by idreamofdurian on 27/5/2010 at 23:58 TF writer

There's reasonably cheap flights from Singapore to India with the budget airlines. You can also fly to the Philippines, Indonesia, Nepal, and Sri Lanka for cheap.

If you want to go to Oz for a short trip, it's less than a 5 hour flight to Darwin or Perth and it can be pretty cheap if you book with the budget airline JetStar.

#3 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Send idreamofdurian a private message   Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by travelkat88 on 20/6/2010 at 14:43

Hi

As you have another 6 weeks before heading home at the end of your tour, there are scads of places you could visit in the asia region which would be interesting and comparatively inexpensive. I don't know your interests or where you're visiting on your tour, so if you let me know I could give you some ideas as we travel around asia a couple of times each year.

I live in Perth in Oz, and have to say that it would be a very great deal more expensive to spend your time here, both accommodation, food and travel. Although October/November is an ideal time to visit weather wise, the distances between places of interest are also extremely vast.

Travelat

#4 travelkat88 has been a member since 19/6/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 8
 Send travelkat88 a private message 

Posted by sidewinder on 20/6/2010 at 18:12

I went to Oz for a few weeks at the end of my Asia trip, and while I really enjoyed it and love the country, I do kind of wish I'd stayed in Asia as there was lots I didnt get time to see, and my money would have gone a lot further.

#5 sidewinder has been a member since 11/4/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 57
 Send sidewinder a private message   Twitter   Instagram 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.