Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Help - Title & Sex wrong on Air Asia ticket..do we need to change?

Posted by sidewinder on 18/1/2011 at 23:43

Despite booking our flight (Bangkok - Saigon) in November, it is only today that I have noticed that on the booking, my girlfriend, despite having her name right, is listed as a 'Mr' and 'male'.
I would imagine it happened when I was booking and I forgot to fill a field in, and it would have gone back and reset everything else on the form and I didn't notice, quite a common occurrence on Air Asia's terrible website.

I've tried changing it online but to no avail. Is it going to be something that stops her getting on the flight?
Online I get an error when trying to change it, and the only UK phone number goes through to AirAsia X while we're flying Thai Air Asia, not that I could speak to anyone anyway when I did phone.

Should I phone their Thai office? Or go somewhere at Bangkok airport? (we arrive there a day before our flight to Vietnam) Or just chance it and argue it was their mistake when I check in?

Our outbound flight is Economy Promo, return is just Economy. I understand there are more restrictions on changes with Promo flights, but with something so simple, would they do it?

#1 sidewinder has been a member since 11/4/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 57
 Send sidewinder a private message   Twitter   Instagram 

Posted by busylizzy on 19/1/2011 at 02:26

It could potentially cause a problem - and airlines usually charge a fee to change these details. (It cost me $50 once on Air NZ to change the name of a friend from her married name to previous name, as per her passport).

I would suggest asking Air Asia directly using the online Live Help facility. I have this useful for quick info in the past. They probably won't sort it out for you but will at least advise what you need to do, if anything. (Go to the AA homepage, and half way down on the left side, in the How Do I..? section, click on the link for Get Live Help).

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by sidewinder on 19/1/2011 at 08:26

Thanks Lizzy.

Both times I have tried live help it has said it was offline, but I will try tomorrow at a point where it is definitely business hours in Asia

#3 sidewinder has been a member since 11/4/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 57

Posted by sidewinder on 22/1/2011 at 22:14

For anyone that is in a similar situation, they did eventually change this for me, with no charge :)
I submitted a feedback form on Tuesday and this morning (Saturday) I received an updated confirmation. So took a while but I'm happy.

Also found that their Twitter presence is quite helpful if you cant contact them through traditional means - www.twitter.com/askairasia

#4 sidewinder has been a member since 11/4/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 57

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.