Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

SouthEast Asia 9 weeks

Posted by keoghangel on 26/1/2011 at 17:41

Hi Travelfish Readers,

Need advice, myself and my bfriend are doing round the world trip and we will be spending 9 weeks in SEA. The plan is as follows:

Fly into Bangkok -- stay 2 nigths
Fly to Hanoi (spend 1 night), upto Sapa (2 nights) and back to Hanoi, then work our way down the Vietmenese coast (overland) -- prob take 2.5 weeks including Halong Bay, Hue, Hoi An, HCMCity and the Mekong Delta
Then into Cambodia (overland) to Phemon Penh and onto Siem Reap including Angkor Wat, then heading north through Cambodia into Laos (2 weeks -- prob spend 4 days in Angkor Wat)
Laos -- Four thousand islands and onto the Bolaven Plateau, then fly from Pakse to Vientiane(can we fly? I have looked up online but conflicting reports regarding flying between Pakse to Vientiane)
Over land to Luang Prabang and northern Laos (2.5 weeks in Laos in total)
Then onto northern Thailand -- Chaing Rai and Chiang Mai, then fly from here down to Phuket for 10 days around the islands
Then flying 3rd Sep to Hong Kong -- 4 nights in HK -- then flying to Auckland

Any advice/suggestions would be great!!! Are we packing in too much in 9 weeks?

#1 keoghangel has been a member since 5/1/2011. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.