Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

itenary 2 months asia

Posted by greektraveller on 27/1/2011 at 02:13

I had a look around and still haven't found the perfect itenary for myself. I will be going for 2 months and plan to visit the following countries.1

i dont mind taking a plane once or twice. any ideas?

#1 greektraveller has been a member since 24/1/2011. Posts: 44

Posted by MADMAC on 30/1/2011 at 01:34

Way too little info I am afraid. Why those countries? That's not much time in any. And what are you preferences? What do you not like, what do you like? What kind of tourist are you? Interested in culture or beaches? Maybe you're a nightlife guy... I would pick one country and explore it thoroughly myself - but that's said without knowing more about you and your preferences.

#2 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Posted by Rasheeed on 30/1/2011 at 12:48

I think you should start by picking some places that interest you and make plans to go to those places.

You're welcome.

#3 Rasheeed has been a member since 4/11/2010. Location: Cambodia. Posts: 311
 Send Rasheeed a private message   Website   Twitter 

Posted by busylizzy on 31/1/2011 at 10:04

Honestly, you need to put some effort in yourself before posting a question like that - you can't expect us to do all the work for you!! And Madmac is quite right - that's a fair bit of ground to cover in 2 months.

Have a look at the suggested itineraries on this site as a starting point (use the Planning link at the top, then look at Where to Go. Or just click on here:

Start narrowing down your options, then come back with some specific questions. There's a wealth of info on this site under the individual country sections, plus in this forum.

#4 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by greektraveller on 31/1/2011 at 18:36

thanx for your replies..ill have a look....

#5 greektraveller has been a member since 24/1/2011. Posts: 44

Posted by brook00 on 1/2/2011 at 13:41

You will surely have fun for 2 months. You might wanna tell us what kind of places would you like to visit, beaches? museums? temples? I've been to those places except for Laos but we only spent a week for each country.

#6 brook00 has been a member since 1/2/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by peter27 on 1/2/2011 at 18:56

Thereis a good information here in this thread may also check this out to plan your itinerary.

#7 peter27 has been a member since 18/11/2010. Posts: 31
 Send peter27 a private message 

Posted by greektraveller on 2/2/2011 at 07:33

@brook I surely want to explore the islands of thailand but also see culture such as temples and nature....nice views mountains etc. I am interested in the culture mostly and history. I would also like to do some activities....maybe ride an elephant things like that....maybe diving....or climbing

@peter I ll check it out looks good.....might combine it with vietnam

#8 greektraveller has been a member since 24/1/2011. Posts: 44

Posted by Thomas922 on 5/2/2011 at 17:41

Vietnam need 3 weeks in my opinion. And that is to just see and take pics. Of course you can enjoy locals but not at the depth that MAC says. So decide the big hitting things you really must see. And start planning another trip to SEA.

#9 Thomas922 has been a member since 1/7/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 352
 Send Thomas922 a private message   Instagram 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.