Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Dentist

Posted by chicoelnino on 30/1/2011 at 04:06

Heard that its fairly cheap to get fillings in SE Asia?

I planned on getting a few small fillings done before I go in June, but would you suggest I leave them and get them done in Asia? Will be in Bali/indonesia for a few weeks at the start of the journey so any info would be good.

thanks.

#1 chicoelnino has been a member since 17/9/2010. Posts: 66
 Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by busylizzy on 31/1/2011 at 10:04

Bangkok and maybe Ho Chi Minh (from something I read recently). I'm sure there are good dentists in Bali but not so sure I would put my holiday at risk to find out. (Yes, I know it's only a filling, but......)

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by Captain_Bob on 31/1/2011 at 15:50

In Chiang Mai there are many excellent dentists and standard price is 500 baht per filling most places. Fifteen bucks for quality work =)

#3 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,918

Posted by laurenladky on 1/2/2011 at 18:17

Do NOT get work done in Bali. You will pay Australian prices for a good dentist. If you can, get a flight to Thailand for some great dentistry. Bangkok or Chiang Mai.

#4 laurenladky has been a member since 27/1/2011. Posts: 32

Posted by wanderer143 on 4/7/2016 at 11:13

Choose Thailand. Go to Bangkok, if you are leaning towards quality, dental work at a ridiculously lower price compared to that of the western prices. Thantakit Dental is quite a well-known destination for dental holidays. Most of their patients are expats. I've been to this place for so many times and been always impressed with how they well they handle patients. They won't force you to add extra, oftentimes unnecessary treatments unlike the other dental clinics in Bangkok.

#5 wanderer143 has been a member since 2/11/2014. Posts: 50

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.