Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

3 weeks in Thailand & Cambodia

Posted by cecenav on 12/4/2011 at 07:32

I will be traveling to Thailand alone (I'm a female). I'm looking for any tips on where to go. I've been to Bangkok, Kanchanaburi, Ayuthaya and Ko Samui, so places towards the north are ideal. I only have 3 weeks in the area, but I also want to head to Cambodia. I'm having a hard time trying to plan out the best way to do this trip.

I was thinking 1 week in the north (possibly Pai and Kamphaeng Phet), then 1 week in Cambodia, and end it with 1 week (maybe less) in Ko Chang.

Any suggestions would help!!

#1 cecenav has been a member since 21/3/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by caseyprich on 12/4/2011 at 14:28

I'm not sure if the purpose of your trip is Thailand, or SE Asia, because you could always use BKK to fly into and then opt to spend a good chunk of time in Cambodia. If you're already thinking Cambodia & Ko Chang then give yourself more time to explore Cambodia and guarantee more than a week to see the islands around Ko Chang. There are a lot of nice islands with very distinct feels around Ko Chang, you could easily spend a couple weeks bouncing around Ko Chang, Ko Wai, Ko Maak, and Ko Kut. I've heard good things about Trat as well, as a station between Cambodia and Ko Chang it is supposed to be nice for two nights.

All this will save you the travel time of going all the way to the North of Thailand and then back down to Cambodia.

#2 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Send caseyprich a private message   Where has caseyprich been? 

Posted by cecenav on 17/4/2011 at 22:01

That sounds like a good plan. Do you recommend any places to stay in Cambodia and any cities that I shouldn't miss if I'm going there for, say a week & a half?

#3 cecenav has been a member since 21/3/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by Thomas922 on 18/4/2011 at 02:06

Just look at the Cambodia section here on Travelfish...lots of ideas. Obviously Siem Reap for Angkor Wat for a few days. Phnom Penh for 2-3 days and that is almost a week. You can work your way south toward Koh Chang easily.

#4 Thomas922 has been a member since 1/7/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 352
 Send Thomas922 a private message   Instagram 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.