Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Where can i go fishing in South East Asia?

Posted by Tomhamish on 28/4/2011 at 22:08

Random question i know!

However i have always wanted to catch my own fish (with a rod or spear fishing) and cook it on an open fire robinson crusoe style... has anyone done this? if so where... either on a river or off an island....

heading to thailand, laos, cambodia and vietnam this summer and its on my list of things to do.

#1 Tomhamish has been a member since 19/4/2010. Posts: 21

Posted by Rasheeed on 29/4/2011 at 07:05

There's video fishing at the arcade at Sorya Mall Phnom Penh...

#2 Rasheeed has been a member since 4/11/2010. Location: Cambodia. Posts: 311
 Send Rasheeed a private message   Website   Twitter 

Posted by MADMAC on 29/4/2011 at 11:36

You could do this almost anywhere. Certainly in any of the rural provinces of Thailand - and I would guess Laos and Vietnam too... and doubtless more.

#3 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Posted by JJ919 on 9/5/2011 at 15:31

The first time I went fishing was in 2004, off the jetty of the Amari resort in Phuket. However I'm not sure if the jetty is still there post-Tsunami.
The second and last time I went fishing was when a large group of us hired a fishing boat for the day in Koh Samui. You can hire boats like this all around SE Asia.

I haven't been fishing since because somehow, huddling under a tree in the pouring rain next to a Welsh river doesn't quite have the same appeal!

#4 JJ919 has been a member since 9/5/2011. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.