Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

How Long do I need

Posted by emily2310 on 15/6/2011 at 19:17

Hey, I am off travelking early oct, and I have 6 months in Asia. My plan is to go to North Thailand, Laos, Vietnam then Cambodia where I am hoping to volunteer for 3 weeks in Phnom Penh, so will only really have the weekends free over that period. I then want to be in southerm Thailand for around Xmas, as meeting friends. I have 10 weeks in total, 3 of which will hopefully be volunteering. Is this enough time, tosee everything, I don't mind if its rushed as in not chilled, cause I have the next 8 months to chill!. I just don't want to miss out on things, and arrange to meet my friends and volunteer if this is the case.

Any advise would be fab!.

Em. x

#1 emily2310 has been a member since 14/6/2011. Posts: 17
 Send emily2310 a private message 

Posted by Thomas922 on 16/6/2011 at 11:42

You have 6 months for SEAsia right? look at your callendar and lock in any dates and places that are musts. Such as meeting your mates. Start a general plan from Bangkok and look at others routes.You will never see everything so get that out of your head. Study your guidebooks and routes and land with a loose plan. You will stay some places longer than others. You could spend a month in each of the 4 locations mentioned first and still have 2 months left. Time wise you are fine. Worry more about having extra funds,emergency funds, insurance, at least 3 different types of currency (credit card/US Dollars/Travelers Checks/etc.) Don't change any money until you land in BAngers as far as your home currency to Baht. The rate in country is best.

#2 Thomas922 has been a member since 1/7/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 352
 Send Thomas922 a private message   Instagram 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.