Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Cambodia and Indonesia: ridiculous itinerary

Posted by silverteeth on 16/6/2011 at 09:39

I have three weeks off in August, and I'm thinking I'd like to go back to Southeast Asia. (I'd been about 2 years ago, mostly to Laos, kind of bookended with Thailand). I've been having trouble deciding between Indonesia and Cambodia, and I thought, why the hell not do both? At the same time, though, it does seem kind of ridiculous.

Currently, I'm thinking, very roughly, that I'd fly into Siem Reap, make my way to Phnom Phenh by way of Battambang, fly via Kuala Lumpur to Yoghyakarta, and then make my way overland/sea through central Java to Bali from there. I'm thinking I could pull this off with, maybe, six [very distant] stops, in hopefully 25 or so days.

So, is this absolutely ridiculous? Thanks for any input.

#1 silverteeth has been a member since 11/4/2011. Posts: 5

Posted by Thomas922 on 16/6/2011 at 11:21

You got 3 weeks. 3days in Siem Reap..a day or 2 in BG.. a couple in PP....a couple of weeks in Indo. If you fly no problem. But if you are trying to end your trip at the beach you may rush to get there or go too slow so you have to have a plan that you will stick too. OR..say the hell with the plan and just roll in and see where you end up!

#2 Thomas922 has been a member since 1/7/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 352
 Send Thomas922 a private message   Instagram 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.