Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

My route, what do you guys think?!

Posted by peejglynn on 7/7/2011 at 18:28

Hi All,

My girlfriendand I are planning a 3 month trip, possibly even longer by a couple of weeks.
We will startin India, do the golden triangle for 3 weeks and then arrive in Bangkok in Oct.
We plan tocover some of Northern Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia in 2 months andwant to end up down south in Dec around ho chi minh or pnohm pen as we will beflying to Australia to live for a year or two so we can catch a cheap flightfrom there to Singapore then Oz.

I would bevery grateful for any suggestions/thoughts on our intended route…if anyonethinks we should visit anywhere else that is near by please say so! (On averagethis works out to be about 4 nights in each place, obviously we may only spenda night or two in some places and spend longer in others)

Here is ourintended route:
Bangkok toChiang Mai
Chiang Mai –Pai
Pai – ChiangRai
Cross intoLaos, head to Luang Prabang by slow boat
Luang prabang – Vang Vien(we then intend to head to northern Vietnam, starting in Hanoi. Is it worthheading to Vientiane ? Also I heard of a nightmare bus journey from Vientiane toHanoi, its 24hrs so I might consider a flight which is €130 but only takes anhour. What are you guys opinions on this??) Is there any where else that’s niceto visit in northern Laos?Head to Vietnam (Hanoi first)

Hanoi –Halong Bay
Halong bay –Hue
Hue –Hoi An
Nha Trang – Dalat
Dalat – HoChi Minh
(Is there anynice Islands to visit for a few nights in Vietnam?)

Ho Chi Minh –Phnonh Penh
Pnohn Penh – Sihanoukville
Sihanoukville– Siem Reap (Angkor)

At the veryend of the trip we intend to travel back to either Ho Chi Minh, Pnohm Penh orBangkok to get a flight to Singapore. (Whatever works out cheapest)

#1 peejglynn has been a member since 10/8/2010. Posts: 10

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.