Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Tours

Posted by bex_nz00 on 31/1/2007 at 10:02

Hi there,

I am planning on doing some travelling around Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam (around 3 months altogether) and was hoping to include an organised tour in 1 (or more?) of the countries to meet people and to take the pressure off a bit. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have looked at Intrepid and G.A.P Adventures which seem okay. I don't want to pay too much and want it to be as basic as possible. Is it possible to book these kind of things with local operators on arrival? Or is it best to have it all sorted well in advance with a Western provider?

Any advice or experiences would be great!

#1 bex_nz00 has been a member since 5/1/2007. Posts: 2

Posted by steviej on 31/1/2007 at 22:27

Hi bex_nz00,

The possibilities are endless. There's probably a million-and-one tour operators to choose from throughout the region so you'll have no difficulty organising something whilst your out there.

There's plenty of info to be found on this site so go make yourself a nice cup of tea/coffee/beer and have a surf..................

Enjoy
steviej

#2 steviej has been a member since 18/3/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 265
 Where has steviej been?   Website 

Posted by somtam2000 on 1/2/2007 at 07:18 admin

If you're after a basic (and I assume cheap) operator, you're best waiting till you are in the region. There's nothing international agencies can do that local operators can't do as well -- in many cases the international companies just outsource there work to local operators!

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by exacto on 1/2/2007 at 10:06

Hey bex_nz00,

Kia Ora mate! There are quite a few half day and one day tours you might want to consider too. My two favorites are the half-day trips to Pak Ou Cave and the waterfall out of Luang Prabang in Laos. They are really great value for money, and a good place to meet other travellers and exchange information too.

#4 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,660
 Where has exacto been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.