Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

4 months - Burma, Malaysia, Vietnam and Thailand

Posted by think87 on 2/8/2011 at 01:01

hello

heading to asia again oct 28th and unsure of the best way to go about the route.

1 month in Burma
2 weeks Thai islands near bangkok
1 - 2 weeks Cambodian islands and nearby towns
1 month Vietnam
1 month malaysia

Really just looking for the best order to do this weather wise as well as minimal backtracking. Its all up in the air at the moment, any advice is great. going to work out the details of each area later just looking for best times weather wise for islands, malaysia etc Also im open to flying a few air asia flights

#1 think87 has been a member since 5/3/2009. Location: United States. Posts: 116
 Website 

Posted by Tilapia on 2/8/2011 at 01:34

Hi,

I'd wait out the monsoon season before going to Burma. Thailand and Malaysia would be much easier and more comfortable to be in if the rains are still heavy at the end of October and beginning of November. Transport in Burma is dodgy enough when the weather is warm and dry.

#2 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,508
 Send Tilapia a private message   Where has Tilapia been? 

Posted by think87 on 2/8/2011 at 01:44

good to know. Probably relax a bit in bangkok when I arrive, sort out my Burmese visa then check out the islands around bangkok which I didn't do my last time in Thailand before flying into Burma for december. Then work my way east through Cambodia and into Vietnam, spend january in Vietnam and february In malaysia flying down from hanoi?

Is late december/ early january good weather for Vietnam and southern Cambodia? (Islands)

#3 think87 has been a member since 5/3/2009. Location: United States. Posts: 116
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.