We currently in Cambodia and move to Vientam soon after spending almost 3 weeks in this amazing country... We plan to do Vietnam for also about 3 weeks and after this we also save some time for Thailand in the end for like 3 weeks of parties and shopping before coming back to our homes in Israel... This leaves us with a gap of 2-3 weeks between Vietnam and the end in Thailand which we want to fill with another Asian country we haven't been. So far we've been in Thailand (2.5 months), Laos (10 days), Cambodia (will be 3 weeks) and we''ll enter Vietnam in the next few days.
Here's what we looking for, maybe u can recommend us:
1. Interesting culture and good style- we really like the style of the south korean and japanese, but the flight to south korea from souteast asia is expensive and japan is now after another earthquake and also extremely expensive...
2. Good nightlife and parties, especially local parties like festivals. For example we are really interested in the Bolywood movie industry...
3. Not too expensive- both to live and to reach... For example south korea is not so expensive for a tourist, but the flight is... We also considered a few days in Singapore or Hong Kong/Macau, but it just costs too much to live good in these countries (attractions, good food and alcohol, nice guesthouse with air-con/hot shower and not dorm rooms- and of course shopping).
4. Good weather, of course! Originally we wanted to do philippines for about 3 weeks, but the flight is 300 $ one-way from Hanoi/BKK and the weather is really **** in this season- even more than the mainland southeast asia.
5. A place with tourists, because we love to meet people from all over the world...
The options we considered were Taiwan, Yunan (and then fly from Kunming to Bangkok), north Laos (we only been in Vang Vieng and Vientiane the last time) or maybe a taste of India/Nepal (because the flight from Bangkok is so cheap- and we can always change the ticket to come back from Delhi) . Myanmar can also be an option, if its significantly different from Thailand. Cambodia and Laos... Also, Malasya and Inodensia out of the question because for a sad political reason we cannot enter with Israeli passports (which is a pity as I really would love to go there- maybe one day with a business Visa...)
What is your recommendation, for September/October?
#1 moonsahde777 has been a member since 3/8/2011. Posts: 1