Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Suggestions needed!! Itinerary has to change due to Typhoon Nesat

Posted by Connor83 on 1/10/2011 at 18:49

Hello Im long time reader first time poster, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Myself and my girlfriend have been in Thailand for about 15 days now. We flew into Bangkok, stayed 2 days and headed south to Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao.
We had planned on heading north up to Chiang Mai completely unaware of the floods. So when we arrived in Bangkok by bus we went to get our over night train only to find it had been cancelled.
We had planned to go to Chiang Mai then head through Loas and into Vietnam. Hanoi all the way down the coast to Ho Chi Minh and up into Cambodia and back into Thailand. Very vague I know, but we were just kind of making plans as we go!! Now we are in Bangkok, we have 45 days left in our trip with a budget of about 30 euros a day each. I think most of the places we have mentioned seem to be off limits, and according to the news there is more heavy rain expected.

Can anybody give us any ideas of what to do??? We are willing to completly change our plans???

#1 Connor83 has been a member since 1/10/2011. Posts: 4

Posted by travellingsarah on 2/10/2011 at 18:17 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

The forecast I've got suggests that weather in Laos will be good for the next few days at least - I'm not sure what the flooding situation is like there at the moment though. But you might be able to get a bus / train from Bangkok to Vientiene and travel from there. Or fly to Hanoi - no flooding here! Not yet anyway. The storm that everyone was so worried about last week didn't really hit and the weather's been lovely today. Or head back south again...

#2 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Send travellingsarah a private message   Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Posted by travellingsarah on 2/10/2011 at 18:27 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

Just saw your other post about this in the Thailand forum - sounds like you don't need to change your plans. Hope it works out.

#3 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Send travellingsarah a private message   Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.