Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Travel Advice for indochina in January 2012? re: Flood Situation?

Posted by Mutatedbox on 4/11/2011 at 08:29

Hi there,
We are flying into Bangkok on the 30th of December, and plan on spending 2 months travelling all around Cambodia (Phnom Penh, Kampot, Koh Kong, Battambang and Siem Reap.), from south to north in Laos (particularly 4000 Islands and Luang Prabang), to Chang Mai (north Thailand) and Phuket. Can anyone speculate on the flood/flood recovery progress by January? Do you think the places we want to visit in Cambodia and Laos will be accessible by then? What vaccinations should we particularly get given that the risk of disease will likely be higher than usual?
Thanks in advance!

#1 Mutatedbox has been a member since 4/11/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by Captain_Bob on 17/11/2011 at 23:23

Except for around Bangkok there is no more flood problem in most of the region. The main Bangkok airport is OK and the city is slowly but surely drying up with most tourist spots open as usual. The standard vaccinations worth getting are Hepatitus A/B, Tetanus, and Typhoid. Apply spray to avoid mosquito bites (malaria and dengue fever).

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,911

Posted by MADMAC on 19/11/2011 at 01:26

Both my wife and son got Dengue fever. It sucks. You want to avoid that.

#3 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Posted by altmtl on 19/11/2011 at 11:36

Oh ****, that's too bad Madmac :( In Thailand?

Anyway I'm covered for the rest.

#4 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 992
 Send altmtl a private message   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by Mutatedbox on 20/11/2011 at 06:13

Cheers for the reply. I'm mostly worried about Cambodia and Laos as there seems to be not much information on the current situation in these countries. Anyone have any info about these areas?

#5 Mutatedbox has been a member since 4/11/2011. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.