Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Suggestions for an 8 month trip.

Posted by wanderlust1990 on 24/11/2011 at 14:22

Picture the scene if you will. A girl and her friend, dying of uni-work related stresses, decide to procrastinate from the essays at hand and start discussing their 8 month backpacking trip around Asia to begin at the moment of graduation.

Where do you think we should go? Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos are musts. How much time in each place? And where else is a must do? We are both quite experienced travelers and not looking for anything to 'moon-party-esque'.

Thanks for any advice :) and happy travels.

#1 wanderlust1990 has been a member since 24/11/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by altmtl on 24/11/2011 at 16:34

https://www.travelfish.org/trip_planner/ - this is the best advice I can give -:)

#2 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 995
 Send altmtl a private message   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by wanderlust1990 on 24/11/2011 at 17:34

Thanks, but we're after some personal recommendations. What people really loved, where they wished they'd stayed longer. That sort of things :)

#3 wanderlust1990 has been a member since 24/11/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by busylizzy on 24/11/2011 at 18:07

Honestly, wish such a broad question, I usually refer people to the trip planner as well - you need to start out by doing a bit of your own homework (an awful though I guess when you are up to your eyeballs in essays!) You don't tell us anything about your travelling interests so it's hard to know what to recommend.

Seriously my best advice is to trawl through the forum to see what grabs your attention. Then go through the trip planner to see how you can work it all in. Then you are in a position to come back to the forum with some more practical questions that we can help with. (This is exactly what I do). Also, I don't' particularly want to spend the time putting together my own essay on my favourite things only to have it dismissed as stuff that's completely off track in terms of your own interests/budgets/etc. Besides, I have already written about many of them here previously. You just have to go and find them. :-)

People are on the forum are happy to help with specifics, but not necessarily to put your travel plans together for you.

#4 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by altmtl on 24/11/2011 at 18:11

Right again busylizzy - :)

#5 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 995
 Send altmtl a private message   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.